We get asked quite often how transmission belts compare to chains and gears.
The fact of the matter is, belts are the cheapest utility for power transmission between shafts that may or may not be axially aligned. They run smoothly and with little noise, and cushion motor and bearings against load changes.
Belt drive is simple, inexpensive, and does not require axially aligned shafts. It helps protect the machinery from overload and jam. It damps and isolates noise and vibration. Load fluctuations are shock-absorbed. They need no lubrication and minimal maintenance, thus saving substantial efforts, amounts and time. Belt drives have high efficiency (90-98%, usually 95%), high tolerance for misalignment, and are of relatively low cost if the shafts are far apart for 2017 honda pilot.
As you know, transmission belts are looped strips of continuous material used to link rotating shafts, usually looped over pulleys. They are specifically used to transmit power as part of a larger system of pulleys and gears, though with the development of newer technologies and materials new applications have been discovered for this type of equipment.
Transmission belts are essential parts of heavy machinery like presses, spinning machines, industry fans, roller conveyor and textile machines. Belt systems are often compared with chain systems and you should carefully review the pros of this type of system before deciding exactly what you need for your purposes.
The benefits that transmission belts offer:
1) Smooth operation: Transmission belts help the whole system run efficiently and without any hitches. They require minimum maintenance and provide maximum comfort for the operators.
2) No lubrication: In this respect, transmission belts score over chain systems, but there is another huge advantage, since lubrication (usually in the form of oil or petrol) represents a significant drain on your resources.
3) Low noise levels: Transmission belts produce very little sound when operating, which is an important advantage in any work place and adds to the level of comfort crazycars.info.
4) Less wear and tear: With proper maintenance, they can be quite long lasting. The maintenance required is cost-effective and less frequent. Moreover, it involves less abrasion for various other parts like pulleys.
5) Higher speed and efficiency: Not only is this type of system easier to operate, it also provides higher operational speeds and reliable efficiency.